iOS 16.2 is out with a raft of new features, including Advanced Data Protection in the US, the Freeform app, HomeKit architecture changes, and more. Also, Zac and Benjamin praise the incomparable-yet-discontinued OG HomePod, Tesla cars get Apple Music and there’s rumors of an OLED MacBook Air coming in 2024.
Sponsored by SecuritySpy: Check out SecuritySpy- CCTV (video surveillance software) for macOS. SecuritySpy allows customers to easily set up CCTV systems in their home or business, with just a Mac and some IP cameras.
- Twitter free speech enthusiast suspends journalists, blocks Mastodon links, closes Spaces
- New MacBook Air with 15.5-inch display rumored for spring 2023 launch
- iOS 16.2 patches over a dozen security vulnerabilities, iOS 15.7.2 also available with fixes
- watchOS 9.2 now available for Apple Watch; here’s everything new
- How to enable ‘More Frequent Updates’ for Live Activities in iOS 16.2
- iPhone 14 Emergency SOS via satellite rolls out to United Kingdom, France, Germany and Ireland today
- Advanced Data Protection is a win for Apple and users alike [Comment]
- MacBook Air and iPad Pro with OLED displays still planned for 2024, report says
- Apple now selling HomePod mini in Sweden and more countries
- Uber and Uber Eats now rolling out Live Activities for the Lock Screen and iPhone 14 Pro’s Dynamic Island
Listen to more Happy Hour Episodes
Listen to more 9to5 Podcasts
Enjoy the podcast?
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.